Thursday, January 13, 2011

Seeing is Believing

It's about 2 weeks since my last blog post.

Work is picking up, though I suspect it has never slowed down for the bosses. I just got a confirmation on a raise and bonus, though at what number, I don't know. Overall, I feel I've underachieved a bit. I'm doing alright, work wise, but I've yet to meet a specific learning target for myself. In hindsight, I've learned a great deal more on the side, so I'm still happy about it.

I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. No, I'm not going to die. I'm seeing the end to quite a few major milestones in my life. I should be passing my last level of the CFA examination. I should also be clearing off a few installment debts, and seeing the end of financing my brothers' studies. This would allow quite a bit of freedom for me to pursue other wants. Bring on the next milestone!

Of course, I've began to occupy a lot of my time with new plans and programs which have been quite regular. Jogging, working out (consistently, mind you), catching up with the market, and watching more movies, plus the occasional blog post. In the process, I've given up quite a bit of hanging out, TV and gaming, though they haven't completely left my time. Perhaps this is me growing up, seeing where I want to be, knowing how to get there, and believing that I will.

For the upcoming Chinese New Year, here's wishing everyone a thumping good year of the rabbit.

At this point, Daft Punk is still blazing in my stereo. It won't go away anytime soon. Not even with the new Britney number rocking the hit charts.

No comments:

Post a Comment