Saturday, August 6, 2011

Not So Golden Screened Cinema

I just returned from the cinema. I had planned to watch The Hangover Part 2.

We were in the cinema when it first happened. The standard GSC animated feature was playing but the sound stopped halfway. It was a bad omen, but we brushed it off. When the movie was about 80% done (I checked the time) the sound completely died off. Then the screen flickered. Then it died. It was pitch black.

All of this happened in a few minutes and there was no outrage. I wasn't sure to be proud or disgusted by the apathetic audience. Sure, there were little whimpers of "aiya" or "wtf" and a slight hint of "refund, refund". The four of us, on my cue, simply stood up and left.

We got our refund, of course. That makes it 2 unique consumer experiences of mine with GSC. The first one was a wrongdoing on my part. Cheap trick gone wrong. I'll tell if you ask.

Now, I'd like to enjoy the rest of my weekend on a slower pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment